Call for workshops and mini-symposia is now open.
The theme of the congress is 'Innovation with impact: rehabilitation in the near future'.
- Submission deadline: 6 April 2020
- Language: English
- Duration mini-symposium: 1,5 hours
- Duration workshop: 1,5 hours or 2,5 hours
- Speakers of workshops and mini-symposia are required to register. For special congress fees visit: www.rehabilitationmedicinecongress.nl.
- 500 euro per workshop/ mini-symposium is available for reimbursement of expenses
- Maximum of 5 speakers per workshop/ mini-symposium
- All proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the congress. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to accept or refuse proposals
If the workshop/ mini-symposium has been accepted, the information will also be used for promotion on our website, congress app and printed matters. With submission of an abstract, the coordinator and speakers implicitly agree to this.
Mini-symposium: The programme of a mini-symposium can consist of lectures on new insights and developments, new treatments, recently completed research, implementation of research and/ or and discussion in an interactive atmosphere concerning a specific topic. Number of attendees: average 50-100. Language: English. Duration: 1,5 hours.
Workshop: A workshop is a hands-on session to provide a platform for practicing (new) treatments in an interactive atmosphere concerning a specific topic. If necessary the number of participants can be limited. Language: English. Duration: 1,5 or 2,5 hours.
For each workshop or mini-symposium a maximum budget of 500 euros is available for the reimbursement of expenses. This budget can be used e.g. for registration fee, traveling expenses, speakers fee or other expenses like educational material. Speakers who will only attend the congress for one day, are exempted of paying registration fee. For the actual reimbursement, an expenses form must be filled out and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. After your workshop/ mini-symposium has been accepted you will receive the form. The submitter is responsible for collecting all reimbursement forms of the speakers involved and sending them to the congress organisation within three weeks after the congress. The maximum of the budget cannot be exceeded.
Due to strict accreditation rules it is not allowed that your workshop/ mini-symposium will be sponsored by the industry.
Every speaker at the event must be transparent about his/her interests in the industry, therefore a disclosure sheet must be shown at each presentation. Speakers are expected to show the disclosure sheet before they start with the substantive presentation. The public should be enabled to take notice of the disclosure sheet. The disclosure sheet will be included in hand outs of the presentations.
Assessment criteria workshops and mini-symposia
The workshops/ mini-symposia will be assessed on the following items:
- Quality of the abstract
- (Scientific) quality of the programme
- Matching with the theme
- Innovative / new topic
- (Clinical) relevance
- Informative for a broad audience
- Multiple institutions/ organisations involved
- Patient participation
- Interaction with the audience - enough time planned for discussion and questions
The review committee will also take into account:
- Variation in topics in the parallel session programme
- (international) speakers
- Speakers involved in multiple sessions (max. 2 sessions): for planning purposes
- The maximum number of speakers should not be exceeded
- Titles – title should give a good indication of the content of the workshop/ mini-symposium
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or telephone number +31(0)73 6901415