Call for workshops and mini-symposia
The theme of the congress is 'Rehabilitation for all: equality and inclusivity'
De submission deadline is May 8, 2023
- Submission deadline: May 8, 2023
- Language: English (congress language) or Dutch
- Duration mini-symposium: 1,5 hours
- Duration workshop: 1,5 hours or 2,5 hours
- Speakers of workshops and mini-symposia are required to register; a reduced rate applies for them.
- Maximum of 5 speakers per workshop/mini-symposium
- 500 euro per workshop/mini-symposium is available for reimbursement of expenses
- All proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific and Innovation Committee (WeCo). De WeCo reserves the right to accept or refuse proposals.
If the workshop/ mini-symposium has been accepted, the information will also be used for promotion in our website, congress app and printed matters. With submission of an abstract, the coordinator and speakers implicitly agrees to this.
- Titel (max. 30 words)
- Presentation type: workshop (1,5 or 2,5 hours) /mini-symposium
- Presenters and affiliations
- Abstract (max 600 words)
- Session description including learning objective(s) (max 200 words)
- Chair(s)/presenters with titles of the presentations and speakers (max 200 words)
- Outline session (max 200 words)
- Added value for patients
- Language selection: Dutch or English
Mini-symposium: The programme of a mini-symposium can consist of lectures on new insights and developments, new treatments, recently completed research, implementation of research and/ or and discussion in an interactive atmosphere concerning a specific topic. Number of attendees: average 50-100. Language: Dutch or English. Duration: 1,5 hour.
Workshop: A workshop is a hands-on session to provide a platform for practicing (new) treatments in an interactive atmosphere concerning a specific topic. If necessary the number of participants can be limited. Language: Dutch or English. Duration: 1,5 hour.
For each workshop or minisymposium a maximum budget of € 500 is available for the reimbursement of expenses. This budget can be used e.g. for traveling expenses (maximum off 5 speakers), speakers fee (only for non-VRA members) or other expenses like educational material. Speakers who will only attend the congress for one day, are exempted of paying registration fee. For the actual reimbursement, an expenses form must be filled out and sent to email@example.com. After your workshop/minisymposium has been accepted, you will receive the form. The submitter is responsible for collecting all reimbursement forms of the speakers involved and sending them to the congress organization within 3 weeks after the congress. The maximum of the budget cannot be exceeded.
Due to strict accreditation rules it is not allowed that your workshop/ mini-symposium will be sponsored by the industry.
Every speaker at the event must be transparent about his/her interests in the industry, therefore a disclosure sheet must be shown at each presentation. Speakers are expected to show the disclosure sheet before they start with the substantive presentation. The public should be enabled to take notice of the disclosure sheet. The disclosure sheet will be included in hand outs of the presentations.
Assessment criteria workshops and mini-symposia
The workshops/ mini-symposia will be assessed on the following items:
- Quality of the abstract
- (Scientific) quality of the programme
- Matching with the theme
- Innovative / new topic
- (Clinical) relevance
- Informative for a broad audience
- Multiple institutions/ organisations involved
- Patient participation / added value for patients
- Interaction with the audience - enough time planned for discussion and questions
The review committee will also take into account:
- Variation in topics in the parallel session programme
- (international) speakers
- Speakers involved in multiple sessions (max. 2 sessions): for planning purposes
- The maximum number of 5 speakers should not be exceeded
- Titles – title should give a good indication of the content of the workshop/ mini-symposium
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number +31(0)73 6901415